[rt-users] How to reset ticket # counter

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Tue Feb 9 16:26:05 EST 2010

>> Is there any one who can  help me to reset the ticket counter to 0. as i have
>> deleted all test mails from dB so i also want to reset the thicket counter.
>> which table contains information about ticket counter?
Other than being fussy, there's really no reason to do this.
The ticket ID is what it is. Are you going to reset it whenever
you get SPAM? Indeed, one could argue that having your
tickets not start at one, and having SPAM randomly inserted
is a minor gain for "security;" most notably if you have to
allow anyone write-access to any ticket as a means of
coping with people using their half-dozen addresses interchangeably**.

** MergeUsers presumes you know of the alternate addresses beforehand,
or can afford to reject otherwise legitimate messages until you are
aware of them.
--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.