[rt-users] My Ticket URL's are wrong When I Link Tickets -- RT 3.8.4

Behzad Mahini mahini at apple.com
Wed Feb 10 18:16:16 EST 2010

I am asking this question, since some of the previous communications &
documentations I looked at, were alarming when it came to changing
some of the settings of RT_SiteConfig, when RT  has been up & running
for a while,..and obviously that is my scenario.

When I link tickets, in the "Links" section of my Ticket history/
metadata, I 'll end up getting a hyperlink that does not use my domain
name, and has "localhost" showing up in it, as follows:

		http://localhost/Ticket/Display.html?id=12345

	instead of:

		http://MY_DOMAIN_NAME/Ticket/Display.html?id=12345

My RT_SiteConfig.pm, with the related settings:

	Set($DatabaseHost, 'localhost');
	Set($DatabaseRTHost, 'localhost');
	Set( $rtname, 'MY_DOMAIN.com');
	Set($WebDomain, 'localhost');
	Set($RTAddressRegexp, '^MY_USER\@MY_DOMAIN.XYZ.com$');
	Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressMatch, '@MY_DOMAIN\.com$');
	Set($CanonicalizeEmailAddressReplace, '@MY_DOMAIN.com');

	Set($WebPath, "");
	Set($WebBaseURL, ($port == 443? 'https': 'http') .'://' . RT->Config-
 >Get('WebDomain') . ($port != 80 && $port != 443? ":$port" : '') );
	Set($WebURL, RT->Config->Get('WebBaseURL') . RT->Config-
 >Get('WebPath') . "/");
	#Set($Organization , "example.com");

..and my RT_Config.pm:

	Set($Organization , "example.com");

Questions:
	1) I have already hundreds of tickets generated through different
Queues, and If I were to replace:
			Set($WebDomain, 'localhost');
		with:
			Set($WebDomain, 'MY_DOMAIN.com');

		Will that address my "localhost" issue (i.e., Correcting the Link
URL), without causing negative side effects?

	2) Since currently I don't have my $Organization defined per my
RT_SiteConfig.pm, and I presume since RT_Config.pm has it defined as
"example.com", I am receiving some
	     emails as follows:

			ticket#xxx at example.com

		Again, If I were to remedy this separate issue, by adding the
following in my RT_SIteConfig.pm:
			Set($Organization , "MY_DOMAIN.com");

		Will that address this other issue, without causing negative side
effects.

Thanks,
Behzad