[rt-users] Very slow ticket search creation/edit screen 3.8.4

Emmanuel Lacour elacour at easter-eggs.com
Mon Feb 15 12:33:53 EST 2010

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 05:18:53PM +0000, Justin Hayes wrote:
> That doesn't seem to be an answer. So it's just slow if you want to have a lot of owners??
>
> It doesn't take 40 secs to render the owner dropdown on ticket create/update, so why should the search screen be so bad? They both use the same element.

bevause on a ticket, we already ha  ve a queue selected and so we filter
potential owners for this queue.

in search screen, we load all people that may own ticket in any queue
(all users that have OwnTicket right).

this is a known issue, but that shouldn't be a problem on most systems
where people with OwnTicket rights are a few hundreds.

tell us more about how many people you have has potential owner in
search screen.