[rt-users] Creating New User via web UI errors out (3.8.6)

Robert Nesius nesius at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 16:09:46 EST 2010

My RT install is presently configured to authenticate against RT's mysql
database, and two LDAP (AD, really) sources.  I'm trying to create an
account via the web U/I with the intention of adding a new user whose
credentials are hosted in RT's mysql DB.  I figured out I had a bad mapping
for RT Attributes to Fields.  I fixed that, but the new user creation
process seems to fail because RT::ExternalAuth can't find the user.  That
seems odd, since I'm creating a user, so how can it exist yet?

Thoughts?

Here's the error logs from apache's error.log (anonymized).

[Thu Feb 18 20:31:18 2010] [critical]:
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::CanonicalizeUserInfo  Nothing to look-up
given
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:144)
[Thu Feb 18 20:31:18 2010] [info]:
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::DBI::CanonicalizeUserInfo INFO CHECK FAILED Key:
Name Value: userFOO No User Found in External Database!
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/DBI.pm:179)
[Thu Feb 18 20:31:18 2010] [info]:
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: ,
Address2: , AuthSystem: , City: , Comments: , ContactInfoSystem: , Country:
, Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: userFOO at example.com, EmailEncoding: ,
ExternalAuthId: , ExternalContactInfoId: , FreeformContactInfo: , Gecos: ,
HomePhone: , Lang: en, MobilePhone: , Name: foobar, NickName: Foo,
State: , WebEncoding: , WorkPhone: , Zip:
(/opt/rt3/local/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)

Thanks in advance,
-Rob