[rt-users] Send SelfService url including password with every new ticket autoreply

Evert Jan van Ramselaar evertjan at vanramselaar.nl
Fri Feb 19 03:44:50 EST 2010

Hello list,

I will try to explain what I want to accomplish and I hope you will be
able to point me in the right direction.

I want users to be able to use the SelfService functionality and to do
that I have followed the instructions found at
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/AutogeneratedPassword . So far so
good; users that have not yet have a password in the database will get
an autogenerated one sent to them. I was also able to construct the
right url to SelfService including their username and password, so
they can view their ticket with one click.

However, I want to send that url - including username and password -
with every autoreply for new tickets they create. But here seems to be
my problem. Once the password is generated, it is put in the database
encrypted. I do not want to give the users a new password each time
they create a new ticket, so how do I get the cleartext password to be
used in the autoreply template?

Hope you can help. Don't be afraid to ask for more info if something
is not clear.

Regards,
Evert Jan