[rt-users] Delete User accounts through a perl script

Potla, Ashish Bassaliel c_apotla at qualcomm.com
Tue Feb 23 08:00:48 EST 2010

Hello I consistently keep getting this error : Couldn't wipeout object:  at /opt/prj/rt/rt3/local/lib/RTx/Shredder.pm line 427.

At the end of this mail is my subroutine -
If I change the Wipeout to WipeoutAll , it just takes on forever at that statement.

Let me know if you have any other logic to delete user accounts from a perl script.

Please Help,
Thanks
-Ashish

sub delete_user {
    # Grab the user id
    my $id = shift;

    # Form an RT::User object string for the user
    my $object_string = 'RT::User-' . $id;
    # Create a single item array with the object string
    my @users_to_delete = ($object_string);

    # Create a shredder object and pass it the array
    my $shredder = new RTx::Shredder( force => 1 );
    $shredder->PutObjects( Objects => \@users_to_delete );

    # Shred the user
    eval {
        $shredder->Wipeout
    };

        return (-1, "Failed to delete user with id '$id': $@");
    }
    return (1, "User with id '$id' deleted successfully.\n");
}