[rt-users] Scrip to create multiple child tickets

Jonathan Rummel jrummel at imapp.com
Wed Feb 24 11:32:10 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a Select Multiple custom field called 'Client'.  I want my scrip to
create a child ticket for each client selected.  So far, my scrip works, but
only creates 1 child ticket, no matter how many clients are selected.  Here
is my current scrip:

RT 3.6.5

Condition:	User Defined
Action: Create Tickets
Template:	Custom Template: Create multiple child tickets
Stage: Transaction Create

Custom condition:
if ($self->TransactionObj->Type ne 'Create' &&
    $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Client') eq 'client1) {
     return 1;
}

if ($self->TransactionObj->Type ne 'Create' &&
    $self->TicketObj->FirstCustomFieldValue('Client') eq 'client2') {
     return 1;
}

return 0;

Here is the Template code: