[rt-users] Move tickets to Queue

Jason A. Smith smithj4 at bnl.gov
Wed Feb 24 15:47:49 EST 2010

On Tue, 2010-02-23 at 14:16 +0100, polloxx wrote:
> Thanks for all your suggestions.
> How can I do this using Scrips, so without the need to go to /etc/aliases?

I am also interested in trying to setup the same thing with a Scrip in
RT.  We currently have a script that runs via procmail, which looks for
certain keywords and automatically re-route tickets to the appropriate
queue before ticket creation.  We use this for automatic ticket
exchanges with a sister support center that is using FootPrints, but we
are in the process of testing an improved system that won't use email
exchanges.

Instead it uses a SOAP interface on the FP side and REST on RT.  Because
there will be no more email to intercept before RT and I would like to
do the queue routing on the receiving side (RT), I would like to have a
Scrip in RT that can change the Queue for a ticket before it is created.
Is this even possible in RT with an "On Create" condition and custom
action preparation or cleanup code?  I am not sure how, or if it is even
possible to intercept and change the parameters of a ticket creation
transaction before it is created.

I tried a Scrip similar to the one that started this thread, which did
work for me, but it effectively created the ticket in the original
queue, then moved it to the new queue, with only the queue change email
going to the watchers of the new queue and the original ticket request
going to the watchers of the original queue.

Is what I am trying to do even possible with a Scrip in RT?

~Jason

|  Jason A. Smith                          Email:  smithj4 at bnl.gov |
|  Atlas Computing Facility, Bldg. 510M    Phone: +1-631-344-4226  |
|  Brookhaven National Lab, P.O. Box 5000  Fax:   +1-631-344-7616  |
|  Upton, NY 11973-5000,  U.S.A.                                   |