[rt-users] Installing rt2 on Fedora Core 6

Gary Greene ggreene at minervanetworks.com
Sun Feb 28 17:59:21 EST 2010

On Sunday 28 February 2010 01:16:57 pm luton98 at yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> I'm having awful trouble installing rt2 on Fedora Core 6:
[snip]
> Why am I bothering with rt2 on FC6? It's because we have an old rt2
>  database. I'd like to be able to view it before thinking about exporting
>  it to rt3 or another environment. The original hardware this rt2 ran on
>  was decommissioned, and is long gone.
>
> I'm just not clever enough with Perl/C to understand how this stuff knits
>  together. I think that one possibility is that the API for some of the
>  required modules has changed over time from rt2 to rt3. Why else would
>  header_in() in Apache::RequestRec become headers_in()?

I'd highly recommend that you switch to CentOS 3 or Debian old stable if
you're planning on using rt2 at all. The Perl modules and C environment in FC6
are far newer than the modules that rt2 needs, which will not work as you've
discovered. If you're only doing this to view the data before a migration to
rt3 (which I definitely recommend) why not just import the DB tables into
MySQL and then review the data using something like MySQLcc?

--
Gary L. Greene, Jr.
IT Manager - Information Technology Operations,