[rt-users] Screening user list from certain accounts on ticket forms

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Sun Jan 3 15:07:58 EST 2010

On Sat, Jan 02, 2010 at 08:35:11PM -0500, steven at stevencochran.com wrote:
> Hello, I am looking to build concurrent queue systems insulated from each
> other on the same RT server. The problem I am running into right now is that
> when someone in one queue system goes to assign ownership of a ticket, they
> see all the users in the drop down. What am I overlooking? To test this, I
> made a set of "Demo" queues, and two groups: "Demo managers" and "Demo
> workers." There is a member in each group, and the groups (and only these
> two groups) are members of the demo queues.
>
> But, the demomgr account can assign ticket ownership to server admins and
> managers through the drop-down list. The demomgr account cannot see any
> other queues or make tickets for any queues but the demo queues.

Hi Steven,

I just dealt with this same issue. Kevin Falcone gave me the following
correct response:

> This means you've given Privileged users OwnTicket somewhere (possible
> on a disabled queue)
>
> -kevin

In my case, it was not the Privileged users group but another widely
used group which caused a much larger list of possible owners for a ticket.
Check all groups for the OwnTicket privelege for the problem. Once you
remove that from the wrong groups, you will have the isolation you need.

Regards,
Ken