[rt-users] Custom commands by Email

Kenneth Marshall ktm at rice.edu
Tue Jan 5 09:04:21 EST 2010

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 11:45:47AM +0100, Francisco G?mez Mar?n wrote:
> Niki Serakiotou escribi?:
> > If the CommandByEmail plugin worked for setting Custom Fields, you could
> > create a custom fields and set it. But I have not been able to set custom
> > fields by mail!
> >
> > Has anybody tried
> > CustomField.{CFName}: <custom field value>
> > Or
> > CF.{CFName}: <custom field value>
> >
> > Or the AddCF versions? And can someone point the difference between
> > CF.{CFName} and AddCF.{CFName}? There is one instance of someone claiming he
> > looked at the code and found out how to use them, but he did not say how.
> > They sure don't work like the wiki claims they should...
> >

> Thanks Niki, but I'm not sure how to make CommandByMail to recognize
> them as commands, and even how to handle them later.
>
> I just want to make something easier I believe, like a 'command alias':
> redirect a custom command like 'Asunto: something' -> 'Subject:
> something', maybe through a scrip?
>
> --
> Francisco G?mez Mar?n

There is a documentation problem on the wiki page in the description
for Custom field management. It describes the syntax as:

Custom field values
    Manage custom field values. Could be used multiple times.

        CustomField.{CFName}: <custom field value>
        AddCustomField.{CFName}: <custom field value>
        DelCustomField.{CFName}: <custom field value>

    Short forms:

        CF.{CFName}: <custom field value>
        AddCF.{CFName}: <custom field value>
        DelCF.{CFName}: <custom field value>

But the '.' is used in the perl code and is incorrect for the actual
use which should be:

Custom field values
    Manage custom field values. Could be used multiple times.

        CustomField{CFName}: <custom field value>
        AddCustomField{CFName}: <custom field value>
        DelCustomField{CFName}: <custom field value>

    Short forms:

        CF{CFName}: <custom field value>
        AddCF{CFName}: <custom field value>
        DelCF{CFName}: <custom field value>

As far as creating your own "commands", you will need to make a
local version of the TakeAction.pm file that comes with the Extension.
It looks straightforward enough using the original as a guide. It would
be nice if the extension supported several different languages by default
like the RT system itself.

Regards,
Ken