[rt-users] Retain Cc and Bcc's for teh whole ticket thread.

Ken Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 6 13:13:25 EST 2010

Manohar,

Essentially, if the CC'c and Bcc's are in the ticket as watchers, they
will be retained and will have access (SeeOutgoingEmail) to the thread.
RT has an option for making sure all CC's and Bcc's are retained on the
ticket when it is created. However, that is a Global option.
We found that to be a bit limiting, as some of our Queue Managers did
not like this. So, we created a scrip that could be applied on a
Queue-by-Queue basis that puts all initial CC's on a ticket and adds any
non-redundant CC's as the ticket handles more mail. It is in the RT
Wiki. You might want to look at it. I don't remember if we specifically
addressed Bcc's, but you could use that code as a model and develop your
own for this purpose.

Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL