[rt-users] Recommended method for autocreating users with Active Directory and Authen-ExternalAuth

L B bertignac at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 09:21:34 EST 2010

Hi,

 My question is in the subject. I see many things (most of them
outdated) in the wiki, but none looks like the one I want.

 My problem is simple and IMO should be part of the
RT-Authen-ExternalAuth plugin. This plugin is nice to authenticate
users against an AD, but my AD is huge and I want users to be created
(unprivileged) on the fly, when added as watchers for example. The
problem is that currently their login is the email address and I want
the AD login instead.

 I think it's easy to do, I can develop it but I'm sure something
already exist for this. How do you do this ? Is it planned to be (or
is it already ?!) included in RT-Authen-ExternalAuth ?

Thanks,

PS: I think it's more or less this :
http://www.zanfur.com/rt3-contrib/AutoCreateFromExternalUserInfo/CurrentUser_Local.pm,
but using RT-Authen-ExternalAuth variables.
--
L.B.