[rt-users] Another RT::Authen::ExternalAuth question

William Graboyes william.graboyes at theportalgrp.com
Wed Jan 13 18:23:47 EST 2010

Hi Mike,

I intend no offense, I am just trying to help out, and sometimes we forget
to check the easy stuff first (hey we all do some times :) ).

That being said I think we have this figured out:

I know it is like a game of 20 questions, but in my current installs 3.8.4
and 3.8.6 with mysql the table USERS does not exist, because the table name
is Users.  I am not sure if perl dbi is picky about case, but my gut
instinct would be that it is, and I know that mysql is picky about case in
this sense.

Even mysql directly doesn't like case mismatch.

select * from `cachemgt`.`USERS`;  -- would result in an error because the
table USERS doesn't exist -- as a matter of a fact it is the same exact
error you are seeing in the logs "Table 'cachemgt.USERS' doesn't exist".
select * form `cachemgt`.`Users`; -- works on my instance because the tabke
Users does exist.

Note that I changed the query to match your database structure.

HTH,

Thanks,
Bill