[rt-users] Recommended method for autocreating users with Active Directory and Authen-ExternalAuth

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 14 13:13:44 EST 2010

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 03:21:34PM +0100, L B wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  My question is in the subject. I see many things (most of them
> outdated) in the wiki, but none looks like the one I want.
>
>  My problem is simple and IMO should be part of the
> RT-Authen-ExternalAuth plugin. This plugin is nice to authenticate
> users against an AD, but my AD is huge and I want users to be created
> (unprivileged) on the fly, when added as watchers for example. The
> problem is that currently their login is the email address and I want
> the AD login instead.

The problem is that RT-Authen-ExternalAuth isn't tweaking the Name
when canonicalizing user info (it still looks you up by the email
address) and its a bit of work to fix that.  I believe Mike has said
that it is the next thing he would like to do with the module, but he
doesn't know when he will have time.

If you do come up with a patch, please send it along so it can be
considered for inclusion

-kevin