[rt-users] How Do I Reference a CF in an Email to be Parsed

John Frey jfrey at seattletimes.com
Thu Jan 21 20:45:55 EST 2010

This is my first post to this list. I have a newbie question.

Is there a way to reference a custom field in an email body so the
parser will pick it up?

I want to fill a custom field when I email a queue by putting the info
in the body of the email like I am able to do with standard fields, such
as owner, priority, timeworked, etc. Here is an example of what I am
putting in the body of an email that I send to a queue.

Owner: jfrey
Requestor: bsmith
Custom Field Release Version: 1.0

The email parser will parse the first four items fine, but I can't
figure out the syntax for the custom field, or find documentation if
this is possible.

Thanks,

John