[rt-users] RT and email bounces

L B bertignac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 08:15:47 EST 2010

Hi all,

When we send email to an address that doesn't exist, ie, that bounces,
RT doesn't record the problem in the ticket. So we could be in a
situation where we think that everyone knows about the ticket, but the
email address was wrong in the CC list.

Likewise we may be waiting for someone to respond to an RT but they
are on vacation - maybe this is deliberate to avoid loops? we don't
see the vacation message so unless we send them an email via outlook
we wouldn't know they were on vacation.

Does RT manage these bounces or should I configure/hack it a particular way ?

Thanks,
--
L.B.