[rt-users] mail.log 403 Forbidden

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Thu Jan 28 04:54:13 EST 2010

On 26/01/2010 19:39, Wagner Pereira wrote:

> What does 403 Forbidden mean in this log?

> Command output: Connecting to
> https://rtracker.rt.pop-sp.rnp.br/rt//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway at
> /usr/bin/rt-mailgate-3.6 line 102, <> line 1. An Error Occurred
> =================  403 Forbidden This is /usr/bin/rt-mailgate-3.6
> exiting because of an undefined server error at /usr/bin/rt-mailgate-3.6
> line 150, <> line 1. )

HTTP code 403 means 'permission denied' -- you're trying to access an
URL that's not within the web tree the server is configured to serve.

If you look in the Apache error log it probably says something along
the lines of 'client denied due to server configuration'.

I suspect the problem may be the double slash here:

https://rtracker.rt.pop-sp.rnp.br/rt//REST/1.0/NoAuth/mail-gateway
                                   ^^^
You should be able to paste that URL into a web browser and test the
effect of editing that pretty easily.  You probably won't get anything
displayed in the browser, but look at the Apache log files to see if
you get a 2xx or 301 HTTP code (ie Success!)

Then its a matter of finding where in the RT configuration you've got
an excess '/' character.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3