[rt-users] Fetchmail - Google Apps

Rob MacGregor rob.macgregor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 15:48:42 EDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 18:54, Mike Johnson <mike.johnson at nosm.ca> wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> I'm trying to setup my RT 3.2.1 and fetchmail with Google apps.
>
> I'm trying to find the syntax for this old verion's rtconnect.conf file.
>
> I need to set the port to 993 and tell it to connect using ssl.
>
> Can this version of RT do it?

Fetchmail certainly can, if you're running a recent version (and it's
compiled with SSL support).  Help with fetchmail is probably best done
on the fetchmail-users mailing list, but ensure you're running the
current release first ;)

I use the following .fetchmailrc:

poll pop.gmail.com
	uidl
	proto pop3
	username "user" password "pass"
	to "me" here
	keep
	ssl

If you're not leaving mail on the server you can drop both the "uidl"
and "keep" lines.

--
                 Please keep list traffic on the list.

Rob MacGregor