[rt-users] RT performance enhancements

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Sat Jul 10 09:52:44 EDT 2010

On Sat, Jul 10, 2010 at 11:43:37PM +1200, francois at catalyst.net.nz wrote:
> > How are you hitting reload? The response you're getting sure _looks_
> > like you're doing a browsercache-busting shift-reload.
>
> I just click the regular reload (hitting r in vimperator) but with
> Firebug's network window open. I think you might be on to something
> though, because Firebug probably needs to do a full reload in order to get
> proper stats on each of the files.

That behaviour is different than I get by, say, browsing to
http://issues.bestpractical.com/index.html twice in a row, which more
accurately models what real users are doing.  When I do that, firebug
_does not_ reload any of those resources.

I appreciate the work you've done to look at RT's web peformance and you're right that we could improve first-page load further by squishing our javascript, but I don't think that your profiling is really giving you an accurate picture of how RT 3.8 does things.

Best,

-Jesse