[rt-users] ExternalAuth - loading fine but isn't authenticating to LDAP

Mike Johnson mike.johnson at nosm.ca
Thu Jul 22 09:59:39 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

Where do I start debugging my setup??

I have CentOS5.5, RT3.8.8, ExternalAuth 0.8 attempting to connect to an
Active Drectory LDAP.

Everything loads fine(I get no errors from my config files).  I've loaded
the ExternalAuth plugin, but when I attempt to login to the UI with an LDAP
user, I get an invalid user/pass.  The only error/logging I can find
anywhere is in syslog and that just tells me the same thing...

I'm connecting to an Active Directory server, and with some
googling/rt-users searching I found the following settings to use.

'filter'                    =>  '(objectCategory=User)',
 'd_filter'                  =>
'(userAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2)',

I've left group and group_attr blank(is that allowed?) as I want all users
found under my base DN to be able to use RT.

In the attr_match_list I have name and email address only
In attr_map I have the sAMAccountName mail and cn mapped to their respective
places in RT.

I've tested the user/pass I'm using(our LDAP is setup to not allow anonymous
unfortunately, so I have to use an account to bind.

I can't seem to find where ExternalAuth would toss an error out for me to
read if it's failling because of the arguments I've set...

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Mike Johnson
Datatel Programmer/Analyst