[rt-users] speeding up rt-shredder

G.Booth G.Booth at lboro.ac.uk
Tue Jul 27 15:20:41 EDT 2010

On Tue, 27 Jul 2010 20:33:03 +0200
  ronald higgins <ronald.higgins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the script Garry :)
>
> Unfortunately it's pretty much the same, every delete
>taking about 40
> seconds, so it doesnt look like adding the SQL logging
>in is adding
> any overhead :( pitty.

OK, so that rules out overhead on the shredder. How big is your database and
how many tickets are in your system? Im happy to benchmark what the script
does on my RT compared to yours and see where we go.
I can send you my pride and joy, which removes users that send spam, this
combined with removing tickets should shrink your DB and may make life
easier - hopefully you'll have a slow, one off, hit and then a manageable
shred!
You might also want to look at dealing with v large attachments.

Off on hols now. Back 11th Aug - drop me a line if you dont get anywhere
g.booth at lboro.ac.uk.

Ditto the above, Max

regards
Garry