[rt-users] Spawn multiple child tickets

Jonathan Rummel jrummel at imapp.com
Wed Jun 9 12:10:12 EDT 2010

Thanks, Kevin.  I'm pretty much doing this on a novice level, and could use a
little more explaining if possible.  Please see notes in caps and
parenthesis below:

Jonathan

Your condition only checks if the first value is Florida and then
again hardcodes the first value into the ticket creation.  Using
FirstCustomFieldValue is never going to show you the second value.

(HOW DO I REFERENCE THE 2ND, 3RD, ETC. CUSTOM FIELD VALUES IN MY CONDITION?
I DON'T SUPPOSE IT'S AS EASY AS "SecondCustomFieldValue".)

CreateTickets can create multiple tickets by defining them in the
Template with differing ===Create-Ticket: lines (see the pod in the
action) but that requires you to know how many tickets you want.

(COULD YOU PLEASE EXPLAIN THE ABOVE FURTHER? I'M NOT SURE I COMPLETELY
UNDERSTAND.)

I believe in the past people have advised that you either write a look
that calls Ticket->Create for each CustomFieldValue, but you should be
able to generate the template entirely within {} for each
CustomFieldValue if you want to go that route.

-kevin