[rt-users] Upgrade 3.2.2 to 3.8.7

Andrew Best festivus at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 21:58:03 EDT 2010

Im in the process of preparing to upgrade an ancient RT 3.2.2 instance to
3.8.7.

The plan is pretty straight forward.
Run up new Ubuntu 10.04 host, install and configure blank 3.8.7 instance as
per Ubuntu packages.
Dump database on old 3.2.2 host, import database onto new Ubuntu host.
Run necessary upgrade scripts.
Just like http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/MigrateToNewServer.

What I would like assistance with is determining what order of upgrades I
need to run to get the database to upgrade successfully.
I have read about the rt-setup-database which looks like it should do what
needs to be done automagically.
Perhaps there's some caveats im missing?

Can anyone share a clue?

cheers
Andrew

--
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark, and
professionals built the Titanic.