[rt-users] Passing CF values to child

Jonathan Rummel jrummel at imapp.com
Mon Jun 14 11:23:05 EDT 2010

All,

Would anyone be able to give me an idea of how to pass a custom field value
through to it's auto-created child ticket using a template?  Right now, my
template looks like this:

===Create-Ticket: jr-ticket-create
Subject: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Subject}
Depended-On-By: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Id()}
Owner: jrummel
Requestor: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Creator}
InitialPriority: {$Tickets{'TOP'}->Priority}
Queue: Data Analysis
Content: This is a child ticket automatically created from ticket
#{$Tickets{'TOP'}->Id()}.
ENDOFCONTENT

What I want to do is pass the value that is selected in the "State" custom
field of the parent ticket through to the "State" custom field of the child
ticket so when the child is created, that value is already populated.  I'm
using RT 3.6.5 with MySQL.  Can anyone please help?

Thanks,
Jonathan