[rt-users] create ticket via email

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Jun 16 11:30:09 EDT 2010

nordik,

We just installed 3.8.7 and we had to install CommandByMail separately,
along with adding it to the plugins. That's no problem and it works well.
There are some readme instructions for how to use it, but basically, the
command lines are "CF{name of CF}: value" (minus the quotes, of course). I
ran into a problem with a "text" CF, or more accurately, ran into a problem
with my email editor. Our email editor adds a newline delimiter when it does
a wrap on content and CBM stops loading the value of a CF the moment it see
a newline delimiter. So, when I enter more than 58 to 60 charaters (the
point at which the email editor adds a newline delimiter), the rest gets
dropped. So, keep that in mind.

Good luck.

Kenn
LBNL