[rt-users] Understanding schema of RT

Alberto Villanueva alberto.villanueva at altran.es
Sat Jun 19 07:37:02 EDT 2010

Good morning,

As a consequence of my current work, I have to learn the schema of the RT
database. My current version is 3.8.1, but on my explanation I am going to
use the version 3.4 (http://bestpractical.com/rt/3.4-schema.png).

I want to understand a relation using the "Any RT::Record" virtual table
perfectly. For example: using the "Transactions" table. I'm going to do my
explanation, and please you correct me if I do wrong.

My explanation:
- ONE ObjectID of "Transactions" has MANY id in "Any RT::Record" virtual
table.
- ONE Creator of "Any RT::Record" has MANY id in "Principals" table.
- Therefore, ONE Creator of "Transactions" has MANY id in "Principals" table.

Before I show several queries I have test, I would like to know if my
explanation is correct.

Thanks a lot!
Best regards,

--
ALBERTO VILLANUEVA VAL
Consultor

ALTRAN: talento generando innovación

ParqueEmpresarial Las Mercedes, Edificio 1
C/ Campezo, 1. 28022 Madrid
Tel : + 34 91 744 46 00
Fax: + 34 91 415 24 57

www.altran.es