[rt-users] Scheduled tasks based on custom field

Jonathan Rummel jrummel at imapp.com
Tue Jun 22 10:34:38 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I have a queue called 'Research' that I want to have 2 CF's in.  Both CFs
will be an 'enter one value' field.  One called "Start Date" which will get
a date entered into it in XX/XX/XXXX format, and another called "Repeat
every (months)" where the user will just enter in a number for how many
months they want between the ticket's creation.

I plan on making a cron job for the ticket creation, but is there a way for
me to use what is entered into the above CFs to tell the cron job when to
create the appropriate tickets?

Thanks!
Jonathan

RT 3.6.5, MySQL