[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and new unprivileged user creation

Jon Tollerton jtollerton at zoominternet.net
Mon Jun 28 10:06:50 EDT 2010

I recently upgraded from RT 3.8.1 to 3.8.8, authenticating against an
OpenLDAP server.  I've seen a few posts indicating that the creation of
new users doesn't work when using RT::Authen::ExternalAuth, with the
workaround being to disable that plugin, create the user, and then
enable the plugin again.  However, I'm seeing that problem with the
creation of unprivileged users as well.  I need to be able to accept
tickets via email from currently unknown users.  Do I have a
configuration problem, or is RT::Authen::ExternalAuth no longer
compatible with accepting tickets via email.

Thanks,
-Jon