[rt-users] RT::Authen::ExternalAuth and privileged users

Kevin Gagel gagel at cnc.bc.ca
Mon Jun 28 17:27:18 EDT 2010

Peter,

Look into:
Set($WebExternalAuto,1);
Set($AutoCreate,{Privileged=>0});

It's one or both that you need. These are my settings and my users are
auto created for me.

Kevin W. Gagel
Network Administrator
College of New Caledonia
My Blog:
http://mail.cnc.bc.ca/blogs/gagel
My Shared Files:
http://mail.cnc.bc.ca/users/gagel

On Monday 28/06/2010 at 2:24 pm, Peter Andersen  wrote:
>  I currently have RT 3.8.6 working with RT::Authen::ExternalAuth to
> the point where it allows me to authenticate and access the Self
> Service page but I am stuck getting with all users being unprivileged.
>  Users I create inside RT can be privileged but none of the external
> users are privileged nor can I add them to groups.
>
>  I see references to autocreate users but am unable to get any
> creation to happen with ExternalAuth.  Do I need to use
> RT::Extension::LDAPImport to create user accounts before I can move
> forward?  What options do I need to look into for auto creating users?
>  Can I set all my external users to privileged (not the best idea)?
>
>  RT is running on Gentoo Linux with Apache2/fast_cgi, perl 5.10.1
> threaded, RT::Authen::ExternalAuth 0.08 and connects to a Win2003 AD.
> I am not attached to 3.8.6 so replacing with 3.8.8 is an option.

The College of New Caledonia
Visit us at http://www.cnc.bc.ca
Virus scanning is done on all incoming and outgoing email.
Anti-spam information for CNC can be found at http://gateway.cnc.bc.ca