[rt-users] Installing rt2 on Fedora Core 6

Brian Friday brian.friday at gmail.com
Mon Mar 1 11:05:12 EST 2010

On Feb 28, 2010, at 1:16 PM, luton98 at yahoo.co.uk wrote:

> Why am I bothering with rt2 on FC6? It's because we have an old rt2 database. I'd like to be able to view it before thinking about exporting it to rt3 or another environment. The original hardware this rt2 ran on was decommissioned, and is long gone.

As Gary said, go with CentOS 3 you should be able to get iso's and you will save yourself a world of headaches.

Also note that you need to get the RT module dependencies specific to the version of RT 2.0.X that you are running. The backpan.perl.org website will likely be highly useful to use for this need. My experience has been that if you use any new modules you take the considerable risk of not actually being able to export your data properly.

You will also want to use the rt2 to rt3 migration tools http://search.cpan.org/~falcone/RT-Extension-RT2toRT3-1.26/