[rt-users] RT 3.8 and Apache 2, NoAuth pages not parsed by RT?

Zuckercorn, Barry zuckercorn.barry at gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 16:41:20 EST 2010

I have done some additional troubleshooting and am still hitting a bit
of a snag.

I have pages created on our 3.6 RT install (apache 1.3) that read
similar to this:

...mumble...

<TABLE WIDTH=98% CELLSPACING=2 CELLPADDING=5 border=2>
<%PERL>
my $tickets = new RT::Tickets($user);
$tickets->LimitQueue(VALUE => 'QUEUENAME');
$tickets->LimitStatus(VALUE => 'open');
$tickets->LimitStatus(VALUE => 'new');
$tickets->OrderBy(FIELD => 'id', ALIAS => 'main', ORDER => 'DESC');
</%PERL>
% if ($tickets->Count) {

.... mumble mumble....

<%INIT>
my $user = new RT::CurrentUser('guest');
my $queue = new RT::Queue($user);
my $i=0;
my $restrict;
</%INIT>

This allows a user in our helpdesk to view a page of open issues in
this particular example.  We authenticate them via htaccess/htpasswd
and just let them cruise a page of open issues because we don't want
to expose the contents of the tickets to anyone that isn't a user in
the system.

I'm open to suggestions on other ways of handling this but this is the
way it has been done historically but our 3.8 install doesn't seem to
like it.  It doesn't actually execute any of the %PERL glue and just
spits it out into the contents of the page.  I am not sure if this is
an Apache configuration issue, an RT configuration issue, or both.

I do have mod_perl activated in httpd.conf and we are using fastcgi
and mason_handler.fcgi for the application itself.

In httpd.conf I have been trying out various directives but this is
what it looks like as of now for /NoAuth:

<Location /NoAuth>
        satisfy any
        SetHandler perl-script
        PerlOptions +ParseHeaders