[rt-users] Filtering out Templates by Name

Kevin Squire gentgeen at wikiak.org
Thu Mar 4 17:03:59 EST 2010

On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 16:07:16 -0500
Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 02:46:29PM -0500, Kevin Squire wrote:
> > I am currently revisiting the "Canned-Reply" idea.
> > http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/CannedReplies
>
> Is there a reason to use this rather than the RTFM extension?

RTFM (at least up until now) would have been overkill.  We still only
have around 5-10 C.R. for each queue that uses them, (not all our
queues do) but we also have some 5-10 other templates in those queues
(as well as 5 global templates). Having them all in there is making for
some visual noise that our "non-techie" group is complaining about...
(~15 to 25 options in the dropdown, when they only need to have the
5-10 C.R.)

...just hoping to smooth some things over for the users.

> If you must use this, you can read the DBIx::SearchBuilder
> documentation for the Limit command and the STARTSWITH option

Thank you SOOO much, that did the trick.. even better then I thought I
could get actually.  I was able to build my SQL query off of the
description field.  Now I can actually remove the "CR - " from the
names of the templates.

For posterity, I just added the line below right before the "OrderBy"
line.

$PrimaryTemplates->Limit(FIELD => 'Description', OPERATOR =>
'STARTSWITH', VALUE => 'Canned Reply');

--
http://www.wikiak.org