[rt-users] use email sender's default queue on ticket create

lh hazzard43 at fastmail.fm
Sun Mar 7 19:12:30 EST 2010

Hello, I'm running RT 3.8.7 and would like to be able to set a ticket's
queue on create to be the default queue of the user creating the ticket,
where they are creating by email (i.e. From: is their RT email) and have
a default queue set. In my case I can't set per-queue email addresses,
and so all emails flow through to a single correspond email address and
into the system default queue. It's becoming a chore changing the queue
on new email tickets from the default queue to the user's queue :)

I expect I need to use a scrip to do this, and have looked through the
contributions on the wiki and can find a few examples that are close.
Before I start to write my first custom scrip action, I thought I'd ask
if anyone else has done this?

Or am I missing something else that will achieve the desired result? I
thought the default queue as set on a user might have made this happen
automatically, but it seems like that's not the case.

Thanks,

lh.