[rt-users] RT external auth does not working

Praveen C praveen.velu at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 05:22:43 EST 2010

Hi

I installed RT  3.8 in debian lenny server. Installed plug-in "RT-Authen-ExternalAuth-0.08" but could not contact to my LDAP. Ldap configuration in RT_SiteConfig.pm is like this. LDAP server ad RT are installed in same machine

Set( @Plugins, qw(RT::Authen::ExternalAuth) );

Set($ExternalAuthPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
Set($ExternalInfoPriority, ['My_LDAP']);
Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers, 1);
Set($ExternalSettings, {
        'My_LDAP' =>  {
        'type' => 'ldap',
        'server' =>  'localhost',
        'base' => 'ou=People,dc=example,dc=com',
        'filter' => '(objectClass=*)',

        'attr_match_list' => ['Name',
                                'EmailAddress'],

        'attr_map' => { 'Name' => 'uid',
                        'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                        'RealName' => 'cn',
                        'ExternalAuthId' => 'uid',
                        'Gecos' => 'gecos',
                       }
                }
        }
);

When I checked my apache error log, I am got authentication error like this

[error]: FAILED LOGIN for pravin from 10.74.99.20 (/usr/share/request-tracker3.8/lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:424)

Hope RT should use ExternalAuth.pm for authentication. It looks like RT doesnt use External Auth plugin.

I changed LDAP debug level to 256. But I cannot find any request coming to my ldap server

Thanks for any support

-Praveen-