[rt-users] User defined On Correspond condition

Jeremy Winder jwinder at logicalsi.com
Tue Mar 9 11:40:58 EST 2010

I have the requirement of not sending the normal 'On Correspond Notify
Requestors and Ccs' as it causes email loops between RT and another
ticket system. However, I still need to send the rejection notifications
that would normally be sent by the default ___approval queue scrips.

My thought was to have a user defined condition that essentially says,
'On Correspond and status changing to rejected'; however, I've been
unable to figure out how to do this.

I tried this, but it didn't give me the approver or the notes:

Condition:
my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;

return ($trans->Type eq "Status" &&
        $trans->NewValue eq "rejected");

Action:
Notify Requestors and Ccs

Template:
Subject: Ticket Rejected: {$Ticket->Subject}

Greetings,

Your ticket has been rejected by { eval { $Approval->OwnerObj->Name } }.

Approver's notes: { $Notes }

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jeremy