[rt-users] rt-shredder Users plugin deletes tickets?

Howard Jones howie at thingy.com
Tue Mar 16 10:39:30 EDT 2010

Kenneth Marshall wrote:
> I do not think I agree with this. If you ask for a user to be
> removed, any ticket that they have touched should go as well.

No, I asked for users with no tickets to be removed[0]. By definition,
there *are no tickets* that need to be removed! :-)
> Otherwise you will have unattributed updates in the system.
> It seems like you may have a bit too aggressive a policy for
> cleaning out users. Another approach is to put a better anti-spam
> system in front of RT to keep these deletions to a more manageable
> number. Good luck.

If something says it will delete users, but in fact deletes tickets and
users, it's a little concerning. I guess it would delete less tickets if
there were less users, but that's not really the issue. This is in a
system with anti-spam measures ahead of the RT instance. However,
historically that wasn't always the case, so we have all these old users
hanging around.

Howard

[0] at least I'm pretty sure I did. The documentation for RT-Shredder is
fairly sparse.