[rt-users] rt-shredder Users plugin deletes tickets?

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Tue Mar 16 13:13:35 EDT 2010

>I do not think I agree with this. If you ask for a user to be
>removed, any ticket that they have touched should go as well.
The shredder gives the option of reassigning ownership
(to nobody for instance) when shredding users,
otherwise transactions must be wiped to preserve
referential integrity.

In my experience what happens in these instances
where a non-watcher has correspondence on a ticket
is that the transactions in question get borked and
while the ticket remains, the display is interrupted
once it reaches said transaction. I've never seen a
ticket get wiped. Your log does show a Ticket being
wiped out though, but if you read the archived SQL
you will probably find that the only transaction it
contained was 2992615, created by a wiped user.

It seems to me one usually needs to shred users who
have submitted SPAM, and that the ability to shred
tickets meeting certain criteria as well as their
requestors
at the same time would help alleviate this problem e.g;

Status  = Deleted and Requestor has no other Tickets
not marked Deleted.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.