[rt-users] RT-Users Digest, Vol 72, Issue 42

Franzini, Gabriele [Nervianoms] Gabriele.Franzini at nervianoms.com
Wed Mar 17 08:51:15 EDT 2010

Hello Jeff,

The ModifyCustomField right may be also assigned at the User and Group
level, both globally and at queue level.
We also had problems with unwanted modifications; and ended up in adding
a local version of the element Ticket/Elements/EditCustomFields.

HTH,
Gabriele Franzini
Nerviano Medical Sciences - Italy

>Message: 1
>Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 16:45:16 -0400
>From: Jeff Blaine <jblaine at kickflop.net>
>Subject: [rt-users] Read-only custom field?  Also a rights problem?
>To: rt-users at lists.bestpractical.com

>RT 3.8.7

>I'm looking to establish a read-only custom field, writable only by
$RT::SystemUser (in a scrip).

>In trying to do so, I have made the rights to this custom field
'SeeCustomField' by some people, but nobody has ModifyCustomField
permissions.

>That is:

>     there are no defined user rights for the field.

>     there is only SeeCustomField rights for group
>     Privileged

>I am still able to modify+save the field though, so clearly I am doing
something wrong here.  Any help would be appreciated.