[rt-users] Double spacing problem In RT 3.8.7

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 17 15:01:54 EDT 2010

On Wed 17.Mar'10 at 13:42:36 +0530, Rags wrote:
> I've tried lots of things, but the double spacing still remains.
>
> What is odd is that mails sent without using the Web interface gets a space
> added for "everyline". Every space get's doubled. I know in the mailing list
> this was said to be due to the fckeditor, but I'm using simple mail. I've
> disabled the editor but the issue is still present.
>
> I'm using the latest RT 3.8.7 - what could be the problem?

The very short version is that recent outlook has decided that in the
plaintext version of messages you send, hitting return means "paragraph
break. send two newlines!"   There are some improvements in what will
become RT 3.8.8. Additional improvement can be had by moving your RT
templates over to text/html, which RT will dutifully turn into a
multipart/alternative.