[rt-users] RT SLA Extension

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 09:19:45 EDT 2010

Hello,

It's limitation and I'm forwarding this email to bugs queue on
rt.cpan.org. I believe it can be improved in Business::Hours and this
module itself to handle wider periods of time, but at this moment I
don't have time to work on this.

You can either send me patch or order custom development from best
practical to change this.

If you're going to patch things then you should look at add_seconds
method in Business::Hours module. There is static $MAXTIME variable in
that function. The variable should become an optional argument of the
method and RT::Extension::SLA should generate some reasonable value
depending on the current configuration.

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 1:31 AM, Craig Scott <Craig.Scott at stc.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi, I’ve encountered what appears to be a limitation in the RT SLA
> extension, if the minutes value applied to an SLA is greater then 1000 the
> Due date value fails to be set.
>

> For example, we’ve got an SLA for 1 month, which equates to 20, 8.5 hour
> days, therefore business minutes for the SLA would be defined as 60*8.5*20 –
> in practice this doesn’t work, the due date is blank, when i reduce the SLA
> to 19 days it works.
>

> I’m guessing there is some sort of limitation in the code?
>

> Craig

> 2010 RT Training Sessions!
> San Francisco, CA, USA - Feb 22 & 23
> Dublin, Ireland - Mar 15 & 16