[rt-users] RT Self Service

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 23 09:55:04 EDT 2010

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 02:03:42PM +1000, Andre Mello wrote:
>    1)      I have a non privileged user and have raised 2 tickets as that user from the RT Self
>    Service web page.  However I cannot see the tickets in either "Open Tickets" or "Closed
>    Tickets" in the RT Self Service web page.  What do I need to do to have these 2 tickets show
>    in the "Open Tickets" or "Closed Tickets" sections?  The non privileged user can search for
>    the tickets though, but that's not how it should be...

Those searches are predicated on the user being a requestor or other
watcher of the ticket, and permissions being correct

>    2)      Also, once the ticket is raised, how can the  non privileged user add more comments or
>    attachments to their tickets in the RT Self Service web page?

Click Reply in the history view

>    3)      When I log in as a privileged user to RT, I can see the queue that I setup and I can
>    click on the "new" or "open" links in the queue.  Is there a way I can add other status (for
>    example: "resolved")?

You'll need to modify the code of that component.
Keep in mind that Resolved will continue to grow over time and if
you're counting years worth of resolved tickets it will make your
homepage slow

-kevin