[rt-users] Too many tickets in queue?

Torsten Brumm torsten.brumm at googlemail.com
Mon May 3 13:38:45 EDT 2010

Hi Emmanuel,
i think jesse is talking about our installation ;-)

To your Questions:

that's really big!

> Hmm, it's growing each day

> I'm curious is it possible to know which version of RT, which kind of
> httpd/db/cgi-perl handler, how many servers?

It is still an very old Version 3.6.5 but in progress of migration to
3.8.7(8)  within the next weeks.

We're using Apache 2.x on RedHat Enterprise Linux with FastCGI and FCGID
(different Webserver with different Setups, too many problems with FastCGI
and some major Problems with FCGID)

Frontends Webservers are some huge Webservers with lots of ram loadbalanced,
will be replaced end of this month by several VM's around the world (if
jesse can help us ;-) !) and a 64 Processor SUN with tons of RAM at the
backend.

Some words to the Backend. We use an addon from BPS to store attachments not
inside the DB anymore, we store everything inside a f***ing fast NetApp
connected by 4 x 1GB ETH to the Servers. DB is also stored inside the NetApp
on several hundred disks.

tob

MFG

Torsten Brumm