[rt-users] Multiple attachments error

John Bartelt bartelt at slac.stanford.edu
Wed May 5 13:14:42 EDT 2010

> Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:36:17 -0500
> From: Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
> Subject: Re: [rt-users] Multiple attachments error
>
> On Tue 17.Feb'09 at 21:15:52 +0000, Ian Trenfield wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I've seen this question asked before, but have not seen a definitive
>> reply yet so thought it worth asking again.
>>
>> We have an intermittent issue regarding attachments, and it seems to
>> happen more often when users are including multiple attachments. The
>> error message is as follows:
>>
>> read-open /tmp/husk4zilgH : No such file or directory at
>> /usr/share/perl5/MIME/Body.pm line 435.
>>
>> We're running RT 3.6 on an Ubuntu server. The /tmp folder is owned by
>> the correct user and permissions are 700.
>
> This codepath got ~entirely reworked for RT 3.8 due to just this issue.
> If you can bring your test system up to current to verify the fix
> locally, you _should_ it working better.

This problem has just shown up for us.  We are running RT 3.6 and
can not move to 3.8 right now.  We did just move from RHEL 3 and
apache 1.3 to RHEL 5 and apache 2.2.  What I see is that the /tmp
file is only created when you click the "Add More Files" button,
so if you do them one at a time, it will work.  The /tmp files
just disappear, they are not being overwritten.  When the server
is busy, they disappear in a minute; when less busy, maybe 5 minutes.
So maybe it has something to do with processes exiting and taking
their temp files with them?

Any further help with would be appreciated.

John Bartelt