[rt-users] shredder access

Jerrad Pierce jpierce at cambridgeenergyalliance.org
Mon May 10 11:57:56 EDT 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 02:28, ronald higgins <ronald.higgins at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good Morning Fellow RT Users.
>
> I'm very much new to the RT scene so apologies if this has come up before.
> 1 of our RT queues has +-300k false tickets (autoresponders, spam etc etc).
> The queue administrator would like access to remove those tickets via
> Shredder (built into RT).
>
> Now logged in as root i have the "shredder" option but not when logged
> in as a normal
> user. Is there a permission that I can set somewhere that will allow
> me to grant a specific
> user access to the Shredder function ?
SuperUser, but that gives them access to everything.

Shredding is not something that's really condoned, but is often a
necessary evil, so it is reserved for root; particularly given the way
shredding handles users separately :-/

You should setup filters to eliminate such things before they get to
RT, and create another queue for those that make it through to be
moved to. Root can then periodically process the backlog.

--
Cambridge Energy Alliance: Save money. Save the planet.