[rt-users] FW: Comments.

Richard Mealing richard at fastnet.co.uk
Fri May 14 05:59:55 EDT 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm having issues with comments on RT, whereby someone in our company
that does not use the system replies using the comment address and this
comment goes off to the requester still.

I have set-up a comment address and as far as I can see it's working
correctly, but sometimes it goes off to the requester.

I have been testing and when I do it the comment does not come back to
my test address, but if a customer emails, we send a comment to the
sales team, they reply (using outlook) and the comment goes off back to
the customer.

Can someone tell me how to overcome this issue?

I have this set -

Set($CorrespondAddress , 'help at mydomain.co.uk');

Set($CommentAddress , 'help-int at mydomain.co.uk');

I also have this set in fetchmail -

less /usr/local/etc/fetchmailrc

poll mail.mydomain.co.uk proto pop3:

username help0x023box   password blahblah   mda
"/usr/local/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://rt.mydomain.co.uk --queue Help
--action correspond --debug"

username richtesthelp   password blahblah   mda
"/usr/local/bin/rt-mailgate --url http://rt.mydomain.co.uk --queue Help
--action comment --debug"

What other information do you need?

Richard