[rt-users] A few scrip questions

Nick Kartsioukas change+lists.rt at nightwind.net
Fri May 14 19:21:10 EDT 2010

I've written an rt-crontool query that will find stalled tickets with a
"Starts" date of today, and open them (so we can take a work order that
doesn't need to be touched for a while and have it in the system, but
out of view until it's needed).  I want to write a scrip that will
notify the ticket owner when such a stalled ticket is opened by the
rt-crontool query, and I'm having a bit of trouble.
Does anyone know how to either:
1) make use of an external Perl module (Time::ParseDate) within a scrip
custom condition
or
2) get the LastUpdatedBy attribute in a scrip

I ran up against a brick wall with the first, and thought I'd be clever
by using the second, only to find I couldn't figure that one out either.

Thanks!

Here's my rt-crontool query in case anyone is interested:
./rt-crontool --search RT::Search::FromSQL --search-arg "Status =
'stalled' AND Starts < 'tomorrow' AND Starts > 'NULL' " --action
RT::Action::SetStatus --action-arg "open"

Rather than just search for entries that start "today", I wanted to
capture conditions in which the cron job may have been missed on a day
(outage) or if someone accidentally entered something with a year of
1970, hence the search for entries that are earlier than tomorrow.  The
check to make sure it's newer than null came after I accidentally opened
all our stalled tickets that had no "Starts" date in the ticket.