[rt-users] apache2 fail to start

borngunners at aol.com borngunners at aol.com
Sat May 15 12:45:52 EDT 2010

I have done all the steps in goin live with my RT, but I am having a little problem starting apache2.. In the instructions I am to copy and paste the virtual host settings in httpd.conf file after making a copy of the original one. Other instructions stated that I should have that configured in /etc/apache2/site-enabled/000-default. I have done both procedure and I am not successfull. After I remove the changes that I made in both files back to its original, apache2 successfully restart. I am not sure what I am doing wrong, but apache2 is the hold up for me to go live now.

I am using ubuntu 9.04 distro and RT 3.8.8

Please help....

A little synopsis of what I have is below:

    <VirtualHost *>
       ServerName rt.example.com
       DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
       AddDefaultCharset UTF-8