[rt-users] use per-queue custom status?

Kenneth Crocker kfcrocker at lbl.gov
Mon May 17 12:29:26 EDT 2010

Michael,

We modified our "UPdate Ticket" display to include a "Tab" between the
"Reply" and "Resolved" tabs. The code we added automatically sets the Ticket
Status for the next step, and when that happens, we have some scrips that *
automatically* sets various Custom Fields (depending on Queue), sets new
owners, moves tickets to other Queues, sends out notifications. All the user
has to do is "click the tab".

That action is included in our training sessions. They don't have to click
"Basics" and then change the status or anything else, just "click the tab".

That way we save the user a lot of keystrokes changing a bunch of other
fields *AND* we don't have to worry about their privileges for other Queues
(because "RT" is moving the ticket) *and* we don't have to worry about users
setting Custom Fields to the wrong values.

That's all part of our workflow. Maybe you could think about doing something
like that? Hope this helps.

Kenn
LBNL