[rt-users] Trying to install mod_perl

borngunners at aol.com borngunners at aol.com
Mon May 17 15:31:49 EDT 2010

After couple of apache2 fail, I am trying to install mod_perl in cpan and I got the following error messages:

 cpan[1]> install mod_perl
CPAN: Storable loaded ok (v2.18)
Going to read '/root/.cpan/Metadata'
  Database was generated on Mon, 17 May 2010 14:28:57 GMT
CPAN: YAML loaded ok (v0.71)
Going to read 125 yaml files from /root/.cpan/build/
CPAN: Time::HiRes loaded ok (v1.9711)
DONE
Restored the state of none (in 2.8972 secs)
Running install for module 'mod_perl'
Running make for G/GO/GOZER/mod_perl-1.31.tar.gz
  Has already been unwrapped into directory /root/.cpan/build/mod_perl-1.31-OqZLsX
  '/usr/bin/perl Makefile.PL INSTALLDIRS=site' returned status 2, won't make
Running make test
  Make had some problems, won't test
Running make install
  Make had some problems, won't install

Please help me resolve this issue. What do I need to do and where is apache2 source directory located?